Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vanessa Bruno's Parisian Apartment







This ties back to my recent post about how people do Ikea in the US vs Europe. I don't think much in this apartment is from Ikea but my point is there is this cool/spare look you see so much in certain European design magazines that just rocks. Paris has so much romantic architecture, yet people know how to toughen up the look at home and make it chic and young. I love it. Somehow a traditional bench under that mirror is really hip in this fresh and unassuming interior.

Note the shoes in the second photo. Meow.

5 comments:

robyn said...

Great photo on the lawn... I also like this post, the photo of the bench, the whole look, it's the same in the garden. The Europeans definitely know how to pull a room together, not to mention an outfit!

paola said...

I wrote about this apartment last year. I think it's my all time favourite apartment EVER.

paola said...

Actually I've just realised that you used the pictures I (very clumsily) tore out and scanned last year. Next time I'll use scissors instead of being lazy...

Decorno said...

I would stick with lazy. I certainly am. I used to scan everything, but now so many people are already busy lifting images from magazines that in a pinch, I just google the image I want or look on flickr. Someone has already done the work (in this case you). So thank you. Hopefully people use my images, too. They are never really my images anyway. :)

Anne T said...

Where can I find the leather chair with the iron base (has a large pillow on it)?