Monday, August 27, 2007

Ann Sacks' Portland Home




"I don't view my house as an extension of my business; I view it as an extension of my family life. There's a big distinction there."

Ann Sacks, the tile godess, started her business after bringing back tiles from Mexico and selling them to friends who happened to love them. It grew and grew until she sold the business to Kohler (she continues to manage all aspects of design).



Her family built a kickass glass house on NW 23rd in Portland, Oregon. It's right above Dosha salon and spa, if you know the area.

Here are photos and a link to a profile courtesy of Seattle Times. Her house was on the cover and featured in House and Garden a few years ago. If anyone has links of better images of that great story, please send them my way.


http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pacificnw/2001/1028/skyscraper.html

10 comments:

robyn said...

omg I didn't know that was her house. I've been to dosha when in town. Nice to know.

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Yep. It's cool, huh? Even the tile in the elevator at Dosha is Ann Sacks... of course. :)

beachbungalow8 said...

so cool to know more about her. haven't been to portland....yet

Brilliant Asylum said...

Of course Ann Sacks would have a cool house! Thanks for posting this. Portland seems like a great city.

girl meets glamour said...

What a lovely space, and thanks for posting these images! I love Ann Sacks tile and use it whenever I have the chance :)

~Kate

coco+kelley said...

As a Seattle girl now living in LA, it's always nice to see some fresh design in the NW! And I think Portland is such a great city for innovation. Thanks for the post!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Great post - thanks for the images - hadn't seen this before.

franki durbin said...

yes. yes. yes. yes. yes! I adore the bright white spaces. I must design a home like this for myself ion the future...

Sarah Jennings said...

Wow - interesting house! I love her tile and her style.

ALL THE BEST said...

I love the bob's big boy! What a fab house...of course, it's Ann Sacks!