Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Apocalyptic NY weather.

Here are today's headlines about NY weather:

Flooding Causes Major Transit Meltdown...
Flight delays, subway soaked...
Rainstorm Cripples Gotham...
CBS Morning Show Abandons Ship...
Four-Story Building Partially Collapses in Harlem...
Possible Tornado in Brooklyn...
'Cab line 1000 people deep at Penn station'...
Fights Breakout at overcrowded bus stops...

When I left my hotel in the morning the streets were damp, but nothing worse. No standing water. When did all this happen?

Totally insane.

3 comments:

kate (pm) said...

I was awake between 5am - 6am and it truly WAS insane. WInd, lightening, heavy rain... such speed! It was like watching a movie about storms on fast forward! Insane how quickly it at disappeared, too.

Hope you still love NYC! :)

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I totally still love NY. I actually felt like a dork that I slept through it and that I actually didn't need to take a cab today. The storm didn't affect me, but so many other new yorkers were really inconvenienced. Ack.

beachbungalow8 said...

i miss 'weather' but my friend and i walked downtown to dinner last night and i was freezing (wearing a great little tank-y number from anthro) there's something to be said about the weather here. you never feel sweaty and fatigued nor cold and lethargic.