Sunday, August 12, 2007

I don't usually love her particular style, but somehow I love her...


Let's talk about Charlotte Moss again.

I don't love traditional floral print wallpaper. I don't love rooms where the wallpaper and the fabric are the same print. It's just too much. And yet, I love Charlotte Moss because she's very sure of herself and has a specific point of view. And she has that cool, over-40 hair chic hair... hair that says, "I get an invitation to the ball at the Costume Institute and you don't." Philanthropist, rich-bitch, power hair. She's just so polished and cool.



And, um, those are BOUND VOLUMES of Vogue magazines. BOUND. Ri-fucking-diculous. When I start having back issues of Elle Decor and House & Garden bound in leather, that is the day I have truly made it, my friends.





Photos from the New York Social Diary

8 comments:

Cote de Texas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mélanie said...

Actually , I like it even if it is not what I would prefer today .
I like it because for me it looks like french and I am french ....
When we remodeling typical provencal Hotels that's what we recommend.
I love your blog ..it is a source of inspiration
Mélanie

ALL THE BEST said...

Love the wall of photos!!

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Melanie - I see from your blogger info that you own an antiques shop. I am so jealous! Do you have a blog with photos that you can share? I would love to see it.

I actually love that you and Joni love Charlotte Moss's style. If we all like austere modern, we'd be in trouble.

I find that as I get older I like more traditional looks. It's funny how a beautiful bergere chair reappears in design from every decade. Some things never get old.

robyn said...

Great photographs, I read about her at Style Court, C.Moss also has some less expensive notebooks, for the youger set...
nice post Lainey, love the candle too!

teaorwine said...

Her townhome in NYC is a vision to be seen, even if it does not reflect your designimg taste. I post a review after a recent visit to NYC.

http://teaorwine.blogspot.com/

katiedid said...

Bound Vogue! Who thinks of these things?!? I guess someone must. And that someone is the same someone who would get invited to balls I would imagine.

coco+kelley said...

This blog piece is genius, and I agree with every word of it. And I would DIE for bound Elle Decors in my house!