Sunday, August 19, 2007

More white hot rooms (ok, and one blue one)...



I am a big fan of white rooms... I have this weird, tortured, diabolical struggle in my deepest self between a love for old things and a hatred of sentimentality (in both personal expression and decor). So, my answer is to live with stark black/white/brown palate so that the old things I love look more sculptural than "shabby chic" (dear god, I hope so).

Here are examples of what really does it for me. I have a few more photos to add (stay tuned) but the first is just white hot. And the other, well, I just really want that table. I could put that to good use in my old Tudor home. Not sure HOW, but I am sure I could find a way.


Above from article Written by Bernadette Baczynski • Styled by Nicola Marc
Photographed by Angus McRitchie


Borrowed from brilliantasylum.blogspot.com (from her tear sheets, origin unknown... email me if you can help with a credit)


Above, Kate & Andy's Spade's shack, courtesy of allthebest.blogspot.com
It's totally preppy meets dowager-chic, which I love.


(Anne Coyle, featured in Elle Decor, March '05) ...by way of http://www.blackwhitebliss.blogspot.com, via girlmeetsglamour.blogspot.com

3 comments:

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Great rooms. The white really does highlight forms nicely.

Brilliant Asylum said...

Hi Decorno,
Style Court filled me in on the origin of the dining library. It was designed by Alexandra and Michael Misczynski of http://atelieram.com

robyn said...

Great rooms, love the styles and colors.