Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Edward Bess, lipgloss savant.



I was at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC recently, cruising the cosmetics buffet that is the lower floor, and I happened upon this smartly dressed kid who was standing Vanna-White-like in front of this killer display of lip glosses. Lo and behold, this young guy is Edward Bess, beauty entrepreneur and incipient cosmetics titan.

He has an exclusive deal with Bergdorf to sell his lipsticks and glosses there. He gets points just for totally having his act together at the tender age of 21, but the product, I must say, puts him over the top. I hate gloss as a rule (Nars was my favorite, but it leaves a bad taste). The Edward Bess lip gloss, however, is perfection. Gorgeous, shiny color and just a hint of flavor. Not chemical-y at all. Plus, the logo, the packaging... it's all modern perfection.

I was sold.

I bought the red gloss and had him sign it with a Sharpie. Makes me smile every time I pull out that autographed tube of gloss and gussie up my kisser.

You go, Edward Bess.

7 comments:

Habitually Chic said...

Thankd for this post! I actually saw Edward Bess at Bergdorf's recently and was surprised but delighted that he was actually there in person to represent his line. I didn't buy anything but maybe I will go back and get something now!

robyn said...

cool, my girls will love this info.

{RNVL} said...

I'm a bit of a lip gloss addict and your post has me completely sold--thanks for the tip!

beachbungalow8 said...

i'm always afraid i'm going to look like i just finished a greasy plate of food when i apply gloss. so it needs to be thick, glue-like and stay put.

how cool that he was there though. great story

Cote de Texas said...

I hate gloss, I don't know why, but it's just matte lip liner for me. Trish McEvoy. He's tres adorable though, I'd try it for him. and Thanks for your comment, it means a lot to me.
Joni

Brilliant Asylum said...

21? Wow!! I had not heard of this line before. I will keep an eye out for it.

Mr. Useless said...

good to know. I want to buy my girlfirned some better lipgloss.

But we don't have Bergdorf's her in Miami.

Niemans?