Saturday, September 8, 2007

You have to see "2 Days in Paris" & "Once"



OK, I am really picky and weird about movies. I've seen two movies recently that you have to see and I don't really ever say that...

First, you have to see the movie 2 Days in Paris. It's a smart, talky little movie that manages to deliver incredible laughs without ever pandering to you. If your smart, cool, art-school older sister wrote a classic comedy and plopped it in the middle of beautiful Paris, this would be it. If you've ever had a kind of tortured, I-don't-know-why-I-love-you-but-I-do relationship, the main character, played by writer/director/editor/songstress/bi-lingual-fabulousness herself Julie Delpy, utters a line near the end of the movie that explains why we stick around for love. It's really, really great. Oh! And Vanessa Seward makes a cameo...she is apparently great friends with Julie Delpy. I featured here in this post: http://decorno.blogspot.com/2007/07/vanessa-seward-of-azzaro-is-chicer-than.html



Second, (why do people every say secondly? Drives me fucking nuts. It's an abuse of a cardinal number... so very wrong...) you MUST see Once or else your eyes will bleed, your breasts will deflate into nothingness, and you will grow hair on your palms. No, seriously. Don't let these troubles befall you, just trust me and go see Once. It's the most beautiful little movie you will see in many years. Street musician meets girl, they fall in like, they make beautiful music together (literally) and the soundtrack will break your heart and you will be singing these near-perfect pop-confections for weeks after you see this.

4 comments:

patriciagrayinc.com said...

I saw the movie Once and loved it. I couldn't believe the ending and I let out a large scream of No, No, No!! That's all I can say about it. You have to see it.
I can say though that the music is incredible.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I absolutely LOVED 2 Days in Paris, so I trust your word on Once. Will see it soon.

JJ said...

Isn't "secondly" a joke? Does anyone use it and mean it?

Iheartfashion said...

My mom just recommended 2 Days in Paris. She's the only person whose movie recs I consistently trust (really!), so now I have to see it.