Saturday, October 20, 2007

Basic, basic.

Thinking today what I will talk about next week, Original Content Week, and I remembered my fiance brought home this little video camera a while ago, so I thought I would put it to good use in the spirit of posting something personal and NOT torn from a magazine.

So, I sound retardedly self-conscious, because it seems slightly silly to record oneself and give a little house tour, but I wanted to take the camera for a spin because I am going to need some fresh content for next week, and everyone likes to be a voyeur, right? I can't believe I am so late to the You Tube party.



The dining room is NOT done, FYI. There are paint touch-up, re-staining of wood trim, and some framed things (a vintage touring map of France, for example) that need to go up.

Also, the sound is goofy. I seem to have a Drew Barrymore-like lisp on this recording, which is odd. Maybe the Flip hates the letter S?

4 comments:

JJ said...

I love it! I expected to get that in person but I'll take whatever I can get!

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Honestly, JJ, now that I am taking advantage of all this new-fangled technology, I don't see why we can't just have a virtual friendship. How about I just blog about my life and you can just mail me my birthday and Christmas gifts, k?

See? We don't even have to drive to see each other with this arrangement.

Heh, heh...

Thanks for coming to O's game. Bran flakes, baby. Bran flakes.

franki durbin said...

LOL. Nice call on the barrymore-esque lisp. Isn't it weird to hear your own recorded voice and wonder how technology turned you into a cyborg or a stranger? Always odd, but back to topic...

I love your console in the dining room. The minimal/warm black with white accents - very mod. Love it.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love this post. You are obviously quite talented when it comes to displaying collections. Very inspiring.