Friday, October 19, 2007

Do something fucking fantastic this weekend!


This morning, in bed, I did a little scissor kick of happiness because I realized it's the first weekend in a loooong time when I have ZERO obligations and I don't have to go into the office or anything. I don't even need to leave the house. How magical is that??

Soooo, I was thinkng, I had better no squander it.

Here are things I am considering for my weekend... feel free to add suggestions in the comment box below, friends.

-Watch Diabolique (again) with champagne and popcorn sprinkled with truffle salt. I hear this is orgasmically good, but have never splurged on $20 truffle salt. This might be the weekend.

-Go on a decor book rampage and order like 6 at the same time from Amazon so that I can ensure a Christmas-like explosion of happiness when I get the package on Tuesday.

-Go see my friend Cristine Dahl's new baby AND pre-order her new book (I know! ALL my friends are having babies and publishing books... such accomplished people, these friends.)

-Prank call my mother. Ask her if her refrigerator is running. This would crack her up.

-Go to PCNW.They have a great gallery. Buy good, inexpensive art.

-Play tourist. Go to the top of the Space Needle. I have lived in Seattle 5 years and never done this. Afterward, walk over to Cafe Vita for some of the best coffee you can get your hands on in this country.

-Make beignets. I have a funny little Cafe du Monde box in my cupboard that needs my attention.

-Go to the San Juans for the day. Go shell hunting on Orcas Island. Shop all the antique stores in La Connor on my way back.

-Learn how to make a cocktail with a saucy name.

-Get dressed up for dinner. Order Campari. It seems chic to have Campari, yet I have never tried it.

-Wear my fur stole to go bowling... again.

- Take photos for Original Content Week! I'd better have something good next week, or you all will wish I had just scanned images from magazines after all...

-Get a pedicure, and treat my nieces to pedicures while I am at it.

-Have a Madison Park morning.. get breakfast at the bakery, wander around, shop, drool over Pam's latest shipment from France... hunt for Christmas gifts. (Photos of her shop below.)




-Send a memo to the office to remind everyone that "impactful" is not a word.

5 comments:

Richie Designs said...

When I have weekends like that I sleep in, go to coffee with my paper...linger forever possibly a big breakfast too!

have girl time - home facials, cruise discount shops for deals, spend hours in the book store and read magazines, paint my toes, watch bad tv or better yet go to a movie by myself which always feels so dangerous!

get take out, a bottle of wine and lay in bed for hours.

I'm so jealous - I have a pile of work that needs to get done.

PS I love that you're not afraid of an expletive

mamacita said...

Campari is BITTER, baby. I usually like bitter, but seriously. So my recommendation is that you order it in a bar to make sure that you like it before you buy a whole bottle.

Yep, that's a challenge -- a double-dog dare.

mamacita said...

P.S. Am very curious about the truffle salt. I think it would be a good hostess gift for Thanksgiving. If you try it, do report back.

Things That Inspire said...

Your list sounds like heaven, sounds like a life I used to lead before I had kids, enjoy!

Richard said...

Do you mean original French Diabolique from the 50s, or the remake with Sharon Stone and Isabelle Adjani?