Monday, October 22, 2007

You can't have sex to zydeco.



I am listening to NPR, and zydeco is playing, and I was thinking, wow. This reminds me of my dad. My father, he loves zydeco. And I am listening to this music thinking that it's such a joyful music, almost weirdly so. Kind of like the joy robots would have if they were joyful. Because there is certainly MORE joyful music in the world... music with real joy. Zydeco is joyful like you're tired of trying to force yourself to be happy. And given the roots of it, I think that sums it up.

And you can't have sex to zydeco, if you think about it. It might be the only unsexy music that's ever existed. Other than the Wiggles.

And there you have it. In case you were wondering about zydeco.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you grow up where zydeco is playing all the time, all around you, I'd guess you could do about anything to it: have sex, sit and watch the chickens peck, clean your nails with an old knife, etc. etc.

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Ok, this made me laugh out loud. I suppose you're right.

I like the idea of cleaning my nails with a knfe. On my porch. In the hot hot heat. Getting bored and randy and then going inside with my slowly-moving ceiling fan and realizing I am so bored in my old bayou house that it's simply time to start screwin' to the sound of some good ol' zydeco.

d.Sharp said...

Birth control!

Anonymous said...

It's the endlessness of zydeco that would drive me mad. Like reggae, or salsa music--the way it just keeps going and going and going, world without end... I'd keep having sex just in attempt to distract myself from the sheer hellish infinitude of it.

decorno.blogspot.com said...

"sheer hellish infinitude..." Anon, you crack my ass up.

Anonymous said...

So do you, baby.

--Non

Meander said...

why is anon anon? i want more, give me more!
and decorno, seriously, I'll read whatever you write about - shit, write about shit and I'd prob. read, impatiently awaiting the next post. cheers!