I woke up with a slight cough and a grumpy attitude and I could feel it coming on... coming on strong... yes, it's time for another installment of Things That Are Wrong...
1. Ribbed turtlenecks. I hate the texture. And I am not convinced they flatter anyone. They don't skim your bumps, they just get roly poly on you and make you look like you're 42 and running the PTA. I know I will take some flack for this because everyone and her dog owns one... but I think it's time we all reevaluated this life choice.
2. Ribbed turtlenecks with people wearing a necklace on the outside of said turtleneck. It's very "church-y girl-runs-the-student-council."
3. Attaching your claw hair clip to the strap of your bag. You know who you are, and you probably wear a Juicy track suit (which was banned on the original TTAW list...)
4. Attaching a scarf to your handbag, like in the Coach ads. Handbags are accessories... they don't needaccessories.
5. Wearing brown for the sake of it. I see people who show up wearing their "brown" outfit. I am not talking about denim with brown slouchy boots and a knit top... I mean an intentionally brown "I-bought-this-to-break-up-all-the-black-i-wear" brown... moderate brown office shoes, brown trousers, maybe a polite creme top. Just stop. It's too hard to manage black and brown in your wardrobe. Just give up brown. It never really looks good, not in its Macy's incarnation, so office ladies of the world - - just stop.
6. Wearing small floral prints. Not even Kate Moss can change my mind on this one. Again, people who wear busy prints are just trying to break up the monotony of their wardrobe. And they break it up with LOOKING EVEN WORSE. Stop with the little poly-blend prints.
Ok... have to go get ready for work...by all means, please leave me ideas for more Things That Are Wrong and I will post and link to your blog today.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Labels: Things that are wrong.