Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bathroom inspiration


If you read past posts, you'll know that I am trying to use the old blog as a corkboard for ideas, hardware, etc etc for some home projects.

This link is handy since the poster on Flickr is a Seattle girl, which means the stores she calls out are just a few miles from my place...

I am trying to find a photo online of Ashley Edward's excellent Texas house... you know the one, in Domino. This chick:


She had a cool mix of modern in the front room and then that excellent bathroom with the high-gloss black door. THAT is what I want. (I am too lazy to go find the mag and scan and upload...) I got the green light from my better half to ebonize the floors. This house will be like a little black dress with big-ass diamond earrings soon. Black and white and chic all over.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black floors are gonna show every fleck of dust. Just sayin'...

decorno.blogspot.com said...

True. Cleanin' floors is how my 13 year old stepson wil earn his allowance. Just sayin'.. :)

Seriously, though, we already live with a pug, so we have totally kissed goodbye the idea that our floors will ever be spotless. Those dog shed year-round. It's just wrong.

Anonymous said...

One thing you can do is use a low-gloss finish on the floors. The less reflective the surface, the less you'll see all the flecks and specks and stains and spills and fur...

Also, remember that some wood furniture may not stand up well to a sea of black flooring, or might get lost against it.

Having said all this, I do love black floors. It's just that they require some thinking-things-through.

Anonymous said...

Real life is different than a magazine spread.

Anonymous said...

It's "different FROM," not "different THAN."

Pigtown-Design said...

When I ran an architectural salvage operation, we had a sink like the one with the crystal legs. It was just stunning! But it weighed a ton... almost literally!