Friday, December 14, 2007

Donors Choose


A while back I gave a small amount to a teacher in Mississippi who needed science books to help her class with experiments. I totally forgot I gave Donor's Choose a whirl. Until yesterday, when I got a packet of mail with classroom photos and hand-drawn thank you notes from this class. One of the kids thanked me for the books and wrote, "God loves you."

My fiance - a grown man - had to put his hand up to block the view of this "God loves you." He couldn't even handle it. I couldn't get him to look at it. Two snarky adults were nearly reduced to tears from this cute little packet of love from these kids.

So, if you want to get love letters from adorable children across America, all you need to do is click on the link to Donor's Choose in the upper right hand part of this fine blog, shop for a classroom project you love, and clickity-click, in just 3 minutes, you've made someone's day.

Does it get any better?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. Thanks for posting it.

beachbungalow8 said...

i love this too. so sweet.

JJ said...

I would be jealous except that my Gran sends me literature about Jesus loving me a lot on a daily basis. I'm going to pack it all up and send it to you, BB8.

(It is really touching, I'm just enjoying my snark.)

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Why don't you send that love to me? I need pamphlets on special angels looking out for me and stuff.

Style Saves the World said...

Super cool - thanks for sharing.

Habitually Chic said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I love this organiation and the fact that not only can you choose a project that means something to you like art or music but that you actually know where your money is going. The thank you letters are the best part! I hope more people will be inspired to donate!

Anonymous said...

i am new to your blog. ,That is so awesome what the child wrote back to you. Imagine....the wisdom of a child to tell us adults that God loves us...wow!

Tara said...

I have heard the man who started this was a NYC teacher who was appalled at his lack of supplies. Nice to know wherw the money goes, too!

Cote de Texas said...

This is wonderful = thanks for the link. I'm going to donate here. I love when you give something where you know it's needed as opposed to the big, faceless places.

Patricia Gray said...

Good for you and for passing it on!!

Cote de Texas said...

ok, I told Ben the web site and he signed up for two projects - one in my name and one in his mom's name!! He's so sweet - thanks for the site!

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Joni - I love that. :)

Jane said...

Thanks for posting this. As a teacher, (not your class though) I can tell you that your donations do so much good!