Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Garden love.





Martha Shapiro is going to change my life. She's coming to work up a landscaping plan for me.

You may recall this hot mess of a backyard. I am crossing my fingers for massive improvement by this summer.

While I love the messy/Frenchy photos above, our house and yard are just so out of control that I am actually hoping for something more orderly like the boxwoods photo above. We shall see.

I am indesperate need for good blogs on gardens... any links you have, please post them to comments! I need some photo inspiration.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Hey there,

I bought a virtual gift for you as a token of my
appreciation for your hilarious blogging this past year. You can pick up your gift here:

http://morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com/2007/12/cool-stuff-gifts-for-bloggers.html

Now it's your turn to tag *your* favorite bloggers by "gifting" them.

Game on!

;-)

All the best,

Leah

P.S. But seriously, happy holidays and thanks so much for all you do.

Shannon said...

The only garden blog I've seen that was design-y oriented is Garden Rooms. I think that there's a link to there off of beach bungalow's blog...

S. said...

http://gardenrooms.typepad.com/

visual smarts said...

I don't have a blog link to offer, but you might want to look up Fletcher Steele. He did a lot of beautiful, innovative landscape designs in the east coast in places like Rochester, Boston and I think even Buffalo during the 1920 - 40's. He did a lot of layered greenery and modern, clean shapes with classical influences. Think you might like.