Friday, December 28, 2007

I am a little embarassed that I am so late to the party....



It's so not hard to know what the new new thing is. ALWAYS. Everything that's even minor gets big fast and I think everyone gets exhausted by all the hype.

Feist, though, is so worth the hype, don't you think? The hand-clapping happiness of "1,2,3,4," the totally fucking amazing voice showcase that is "Brandy Alexander," the weird disco-y hotness of "My Moon and My Man," and the tasty pop of "Past in Present." The Reminder by Feist is one hell of an album.



I don't review much music here on Decorno (I only have once before), actually, so take my word. If you haven't heard her CD yet buy or download it tonight. It will make you happy.

"Fake Empire" by The National on Beachbungalow8.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I wholeheartedly agree with your recommendation on Feist. Boxer by The National gets my vote for album of the year. The CD hasn't come out of my CD player since the day it was released

Paloma said...

I LOVE Feist! "My Moon, My Man" is currently my favorite song. So glad to hear the whole album is great, I will have to go out and buy it.

Quick, random question: How do you upload a video from YouTube onto Blogger? Thanks!

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Hi Paloma!

The you tube thig is a snap... when you are on a you tube page that features a video you like, look on the upper right section of the page and there is one small little line of html code that you can copy/paste into the text field of yor blog post... It's right under the "About This Video" section and it says "embed."

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love Feist and her achy voice--kind of like Cat Power minus the quaaludes. "The Reminder" and Spoon's "ga ga ga ga ga" have my vote for best albums this year.

P.S. The 1,2,3,4 video totally sold me on an iPod Nano.

beth said...

I have just found your blog and I love it - especially your sense of humour. Thanks for posting such a nice comment on my blog.

beachbungalow8 said...

i love this. thanks. i need new music. i generally, don't like female soloist but here are some i do like:
joanna newsome (gf of 'smog' guy)
sui zhen
victoria bergman (the chic from the peter, paul and bjorn song)

and now this...thank you!