Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions aren't all that..


My friends, if you are like most Americans and you look back upon 2007 regretting that you didn't tackle all the resolutions you made for yourself one year ago today (like losing 20 pounds and doing 200 sit ups a day)... let's just remember that even if you had, you still wouldn't be perfect. Those achievements wouldn't have made a dent in your other issues like your waning comedy career or your abuse of lip collagen and eyeliner.

Just sayin'.

Nevertheless, 2007 for me was ok. I did some cool things (went to Argentina and Uruguay), watched my job morph into something I like even more, and started a blog that totally amuses me (if not you).

But honestly, 2007 was not what it could have been. It would good, but not great.

BUT...2008 is going to be BIG. I can feel it. Magnificent shit with happen.

If you need a little inspiration on this topic, you will love this essay by Buster McLeod that I posted a while ago...

Oh, and if you want a fun way to keep track of the things you want to do in life (and connect with other people who have the same things on their list) check out 43things.com.

11 comments:

SGM said...

I've nothing to say about resolutions but I recently had a sex dream about Carrot Top (yes I know he's gay) and now, every time I see him, I feel a deeply nauseating wave of repulsion.
Happy 2008!

Pigtown-Design said...

EEEEKKK. God that is so scary!

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Jules said...

I must get to Buenos Aires in 2008. I was supposed to go in '07 to show The Mister the mother country (and introduce him to Grandma) but it didn't happen. I'm still bitter, and it doesn't help that everyone in blog land went this year!

Oh, and your blog is more than personally amusing. I am ever so slightly addicted to your caustic wit and look forward to a 2008 filled with f-bombs.

Things That Inspire said...

Is Carrot Top gay? I hadn't heard, but not surprised. You could insert that guy from the Patridge Family in there too - the redhead - he is very exercised, yet incredibly repulsive and disgusting. There was a nude picture of him on Perez Hilton, and I almost vomited (of course, it was in one of those 'don't click here if you are easily offended', and I clicked.

studio wellspring said...

you're hilarious and insightful as always! thanks so much for the wit style and wisdom. here's to much much more in 2008! :o)

SGM said...

Things that inspire, yes, I am quite certain he is gay because what woman would be attracted to THAT? In addition, I saw him working out at my about 7 years ago and he was wearing full make-up. GAY. Plus, Perez did a blind item about him hooking up with his male fans.
I know way too much about Carrot Top.

SGM said...

at my gym, I meant to say. Pancake make-up and eyeliner AT THE GYM.

katiedid said...

EEEEeewww! Are you sure that head wasn't photoshopped onto that body?!? Either way...yucko. And pull those pants up...PLEASE!

Have a great New Year Decorno! I am hoping this year is a biggie for me too. Change is in the air!

Jackie Von Tobel said...

Okay CT lives in Vegas and goes to a gym by my house. He is friends with my sister and her husband and as far as I know he is not gay I have met his girlfriend. Although of course this does not change the fact that he is a total freak. He is totally body dismorphic and he told my brother in law that he has both peck and bicep implants!!! I think he has had other plastic surgery as well. He is on his way to being the ugly red haired kid version of Michael Jackson!

SGM said...

Jackie, really?! Then I apologize to the gay community for my assumption that he was gay. I find it hard to believe he's straight though, and I agree with you that he's definitely on his way to the MJ-freak category. Eww.