Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh snap. Girl's got teeth.



First, you know... screw the Democrats for torturing us with THREE awesome candidates this year. Why can you all just take turns? Or why can't Obama just put on his training wheels and make a deal to be the VP for Hil?

At any rate, because the only thing I hate more than, say, rape and genocide, is a Chicago accent (I know, I know... there goes like 20 readers. Whoops...) I was thinking for that reason alone, I would have to give up my longtime support of Hillary because I wouldn't be able to listen to that voice for 4 years. I was getting on the Obama wagon.

But then I saw this and I thought... wow. All these years of Bush and his kind of false anger and his dopey, baseless swagger? Imagine someone who knows how to broker a deal that will stick. Imagine someone tough enough to survive some major slings and arrows and be ready - still - to fight.

I don't honestly care - sincerely - when we get a black president or a woman president. I do care, however, about putting someone brainy and effective back in the White House. And there is no question it will happen - it's a glorious election (thank you term limits!). But seeing this reminded me, she's indefatigable. Barak probably is, too, but he could use another 8 years in office to cut his teeth and grow the thick skin that this badass Hillary has.

9 comments:

Linda said...

I love Hilary, and was afraid she was trying too hard to be politically correct. Thanks for sharing this clip. I also agree with you on Obama. Thanks for your blog - I have been reading daily since I discovered it a couple of weeks ago.

Cote de Texas said...

I watched this last night and saw her say this - she's right. I think she is incredible, a woman of valor. thanks for posting this - it's worth seeing twice, three, four times.

Topsy Turvy said...

I'll join the chorus. Obama should back off and be her veep, and then he'd be set to take her place when she leaves. And life would be so much simpler for all of us.
Thanks for posting this video, as I missed it.

Anonymous said...

sorry to disagree.

the lady is smart and capable but she'll never win. she needs to step aside gracefully and let some fresh blood take over.

obama may be green but so was slick willy when he got his shot.

we need someone who can get us riled up...

hils can't do it...

Anonymous said...

PS: That wasn't me (the post above).

--The Other Anon

studio wellspring said...

i'd be happy with either one, both are very capable & ground breaking candidates. and i'm very glad we have such incredible choices as democrats this election.

p.s. decorno ~ i've tagged you on my blog.... sorry if you're not into such, but as i've mentioned before i really enjoy making the blogging experience a little more real by getting to know those i admire. {even tho i also completely get those who disagree w/ that}. cheers, a

halcyon said...

after 8 years of Jethro Bodine, I am starved, STARVED, I tell you for anyone who will lead. And hey, GWB did teach us one thing...you don't have to worry about what people think.

Unfortunately, Obama and Clinton as a Prex and Veep are unelectable. Seriously. The whole South would fall off into the gulf of Mexico and Ohio would be prime coastline. I personally like Edwards a lot, but I've had enough of a smirk for a while. I believe Hillary and Bill Richardson would make an excellent team, but I would vote for her if she ran for dog-catcher. She's like Tip O'Neal and Sam Rayburn....She knows how to politic. Good post Decorno.

Richie Designs said...

She has been on the inside - seen the bullshit that happens and knows what has to be done to get the job done.

I agree I love both her and Obama and I hope whoever comes out on top asks the other one to be their running mate.

I would love to see the bible belt roll over in their fried chicken when a woman and a black man took over the white house.

alis said...

gosh i really, really do hope that she wins. as an outside viewer of the usa, I can say that bush has arised so much hate and negativity over the years. he totally turned america from being the dream country to the powerful nightmare country. for the sake of the rest of the world, usa needs someone who the brains to come up with peaceful solutions, and realizes that people are more important than money. I really missed the phrase "president clinton"...