Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shopping day.


Despite a nasty hangover, I forced myself to wash the drunk off and fancy myself up for a day of shopping. I hit Maison Luxe, Watson Kennedy, and Pacific Galleries Antique Mall.

Pac Gallery has probaby 100 vendors offering their antiques and vintage. There are 3 separate stalls I try to hit first because the merchandise is always so great. And lucky me, today I met the owner of these little beauties, Susan Wheeler of Pink Lemonade (that's her trade name). Apparently she not only keeps herself busy finding these treasures at all kinds of antique fairs and flea markets, she also does windows for boutiques & offers her awesome selection at various gift shows. If you get a chance, you should check out her goods at Pacific Galleries in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood.

Here is what I am currently lusting from Susan Wheeler's collection - - these great urns:


Look at that insane seahorse table:


And while not from Susan, I did spot this charmer. I want to buy an old dresser to use as a bar in my dining room, figuring I can store serving dishes, napkins, etc in the drawers, too. I think this might be the one:


I also scored a door knocker very similar to this one:

I remember Domino hunting for this and discovering one at E. R. Butler. Mine, however, did not cost $1100 like theirs. Sweet victory.

I also snapped up two of these silver cups (featured in this post on the Maison Luxe blog) while at Maison Luxe today. They will soon be sporting flowers, I am sure. Maybe on my new dresser-turned-bar...

8 comments:

maison21 said...

so digging the seahorse table!

Anonymous said...

nothing like fab old urns to nurse a hangover..this lil decornette lives vicariously through you..

Anonymous said...

You did better with your hangover than I did with mine. I managed to drop off the drycleaning, buy milk, the new Domino and Vogue and then get back on the sofa.

Anonymous said...

OK, the hand is sad. Can't you imagine some aristocrat in France (played by John Malkovich), out in his carriage one day, seeing an 8-year-old peasant boy with what appears to be the perfect hand, and demanding: "Cut that peasant boy's hand off at once and fashion it into a knocker!"? No? OK, never mind.

Anonymous said...

Great dresser. A little paint job would just spruce that baby right up. Preferably in whatever color matches your table skirt.

Anonymous said...

I like the dresser roughed up like that.

Anonymous said...

I think you mean to say you like it faux roughed up. some little guy in Indonesia must've worked hours on that.

Anonymous said...

But he was a Real Indonesian man, not a faux one.