Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Retail love...


Today I went here and here. I also saw her, famous for this (at least to the decor freaks) and famous for this (for shoe freaks, anyway).

You think all I do is run around this joint saying "fuck" and "shit" and making fun of decrepit old blond has-been Baywatch babes, but Decorno is SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. I love old stuff (which explains the John Derien and Paula Rubenstein pitstops between appointments today). I am such a sucker for antiques and flea markets. It's a real problem. Paula was so crammed with stuff it was hard just to walk in the store, but it was loaded with treasures and old textiles. And John Derian... what can I say that hasn't been said. I want to move into that store.

And little Ms. Randall. What a charmed life. Cute husband, awesome company, great style, twins... what a life.

Speaking of lives, I would like to return to my own. I love NY, but I am ready to leave. I've got a man, a boy, a pug, and a TIVO which I miss (all of them) terribly.

9 comments:

S. said...

Aww... sounds like you're making the most of your time there.

How are the prices at Paula's, svp?

Pigtown-Design said...

I seriously hope that you made it to both of John Derian's stores. They're the best places!!!

Habitually Chic said...

I love them all too! Paula Rubenstein is the kind of store I would love to own some day except larger and not so claustophobic. And maybe more reasonably priced.

Does your visit to LR mean we can discounts on her shoes from you???!!!

L. said...

I make pilgrimages to J.Derian whenever I am in the city. I just can't get enough of his aesthetic.

ps.you are hilarious!and you can't say s*** & f*** too much in these times.

Britt said...

John Derian may be the best place on earth. Second only to my Jayson Home and Garden, of course!

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

You are so funny. Keep the 'Decorno' voice alive!

decorno.blogspot.com said...

HC - I didn't actually meet with Jessie Randall... I just saw her walking down the street... it was a star-crossed moment for sure. :)

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Pigtown - yes! This time I made it to both stores. I can't believe the last time I was there that I only went to one... not realizing that just a few feet away was ANOTHER. Oy.

I love, love, love it there. Total magic.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

oh my gosh, I am so addicted to her shoes! Love her!