Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who makes this?



UPDATE: Reader comments have overwhelmingly questioned my taste and sanity on this one, suggesting that this chandelier reminds them, in turns, of dirty socks, used condoms, and albino sizzlean.

I will remark now, for the record, I have the best fucking readers of any decor blog out there. (Even when they are making fun of me.) Thank you, Decornettes, for reminding me that if I dish it out, I also have to take it.


*************

I know that everyone and his pet poodle has blogged recently about online shop Rian Rae. Great finds, for sure.

But can someone tell me who manufactures this chandelier? I am dying to know. Even Googling the SKU doesn't yield any leads. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Decorno

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a having a hard time getting a handle on your taste, decorno. This looks like a table skirt that was shredded up by a poodle.

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Ha! You gotta keep 'em guessing.

I believe you have to mix it up. I would die if someone thought they could pin down my taste.

I have a fondness for vintage and antiques, but I don't like it when a house looks fussy, so I try to put old shit with new shit.

In the case of this chandelier, I think you can de-table-skirt the look by having it live somewhere unexpected...

makes me think of the room here (kinda):

http://decorno.blogspot.com/2007/07/gritty-cousin-of-hollywood-regency.html

I would have to put this chandelier in a spare-ish room where it's more like jewelry than one more layer of fake-fancy provencial bullshit. Know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

I am diggin' it. It's like Gay Mission.

decorno.blogspot.com said...

OMG. Hysterical. I am so stealing that phrase.

Anonymous said...

It's yours, baby.

xo

Habitually Chic said...

For some reason, I think it looks like someone is drying their dirty socks on it. I'm going to go against being on lemming on this one and say that I'm not too sure about it.

mad world said...

I am confused, is it used, semi-unrolled condoms hanging artfully, or what? I love great desgn, but really, if it looks like something you couldn't explain to your 7 year-old, maybe you should rethink it.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

I'm sorry, but my first thought was albino sizzlean. My second thought was tongues.

Are you sure decorno?

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Dirty socks, use condoms, and albino sizzlean. Holy fuck, I cannot win with you people!

I don't think I have ever felt so castigated (and yet totally amused) by reader comments before. :)

I am holding steady. I love it. But you have sullied this great thing because if I buy it, I will only be thinking about dripping gross socks, condoms, or bacon.

Ruined. Just ruined. Thanks a lot, kids.

JJ said...

what? socks, condoms and sizzlean (low-carb) are like your three favorite things!

Anonymous said...

It's true; if you have those three, you can pretty much do everything.

MABELLE said...

Hahahahaaa- love your update!

jabee said...

I'm in tears.