Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I don't even know what it smells like, but with a bottle like that, I already know I want it.


Although only 31, I think I am already in training to become one hell of an old lady.

Why? Well, I like STRONG perfume, vintage fur, big-ass cocktail rings, stiff drinks, bitchy heels, and cutting people out of wills (ok, not that last part... but if I could I would! It sounds so... soap opera.)

I think this perfume might give Jil Sander No. 4 a run for its money as my frangrance of choice.

Aedes says:

"The hanging gardens of Babylon were built to please the Queen Amyitis. The feeling of being in balance with yourself and nature, unburdened and peaceful, inspired Mona di Orio to create this fresh green fragrance. Like a walk in a magical garden where the colors and the perfumes are sublimated. Topnotes of caraway, savory, green leaves. Heartnotes of iris, violet, gaiac wood and cedar. Basenotes of saffron, opoponax, moss and amber. PRE-ORDER TODAY FOR COMPLIMENTARY SHIPPING! FRAGRANCE WILL SHIP MARCH 10TH 2008!"

Click here to go get it.

Speaking of perfume - - what's your favorite? Do you have some you wear for boys and some for girls? For myself, it's Jil. Too strong for my fiance, I think. I wear Hermes Kelly Caleche. I also love Banana Republic Modern. (Yeah, I said it. Ain't no shame in that game...) I just wish they would be brave and make more than a $30 perfume... one that's substantial enough to wear for more than 30 minutes, you know?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Topnotes of caraway"?! Dec honey, you're gonna smell like rye bread!

Decorno said...

Or a cocktail, if I am lucky. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_(cocktail)

Anonymous said...

Those ARE good (though lethal).

I like really cheap guy scents, stuff by Gillette, Mennon, etc. They put me in mind of fast, serious, no-name sex.

What is Amyitis? Infection of the Amy?

Decorno said...

Oh Anon. You and your back-alley escapades. You make me proud.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love the Eau d'Italie line from Hotel Le Sirenuse in Positano. It has a horrible name and comes in plastic shampoo bottles, but wearing it makes me feel like a brassy Italian heiress.

Decorno said...

Brassy Italian heiress... That is classic.

S. said...

stupid name but "let me play the lion" is a favourite to wear. I always look around to see who smells so good (what does that say about the way I usually smell...?) - all woody and tobacco-y. Another favourite is "la haie fleurie" which is ridiculously girly: rather transporting since I am not a particularly girly girl.

On my men... meh. Honestly, the smell of Mennen Speed Stick or Irish Spring soap seems arousingly un-metrosexual. The rest is a bit pretty-boy for my tastes.

JJ said...

original Prada. I get comments every time I wear it. Or maybe that's because I dip myself into it before leaving the house. whatever works.

Decorno said...

You know... you mentioned it before. i am going to have to smell the stuff.

JJ - should we make everyone jealous and tell them where we are going at the end of March?

I am very excited.

fashiongirl said...

Are you kidding? It smells like champagne! You even have to uncork it. Genius!

S. said...

Yes. I must insist: tell us! Where are you two naughties going at the end of March?

Anonymous said...

and more to the point, what present are you bringin' back for your loyal but nasty Anon?

Meg said...

So, I get that the name references the queen and her garden, etc., etc. But should a perfume these days end in "itis?" It sounds too much like something that needs to be treated with antibiotics (clearly I'm not the only person to think that).
Pretty bottle, though.
I like Jo Malone, particularly the Fig & Cassis, and Frederic Malle's Angelique Sous La Pluie. Although smelling like a brassy Italian heiress sounds kind of fun.

Anonymous said...

Nutella.

Pigtown-Design said...

Not a perfume, but a soap... I Coloniali.

http://pigtown-design.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-coloniali.html

Anonymous said...

Lysol.

Alkemie said...

Great Post and comments!! I find that my taste in perfume changes over time. I recently purchased one that I wear a lot now. Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie :) It's a bit of a fruity and floral scent with pear top notes. I also like Opium which is very musky and strong. I literally smelled a store full of perfume before choosing these two at the beginning of the year. I ran out of skin patches to try perfumes out on!

Cemaya said...

I have three that I love. Cristalle by Chanel, Turquoise by Ralph Lauren and Pink by Victoria's Secret.

Carolyn said...

Holy crap- I just found your site thru another- you're saucy and sarcastic-and we could be friends--- I love Jil also- now I'll have to find this perfume.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Eau de Verde by Bulgari....it is amazing. The Eau de Blanc is great too.

Sucker For Marketing said...

Anything with -itis on the ending is some sort of illness (related to a queen or not). No matter the scent, I am turned off by the name alone!