Sunday, February 24, 2008

Most wanted.




If you're a Vogue whore, you already know, but these are Sergio Rossi and they will be mine. They are so hot, I can't even stand it. A "painterly" trend was seen all over the place for spring, but if you don't want to don a dress that looks like bad art-student work, you could just slip these on for the most literal interpretation of the trend. There is something a little whore-y about these. Me likey. I am trying to cultivate the dirty secretary look, after all.

I was just at the shoe show and I would like to report back to you on an important issue:

The most beautiful women were wearing skirts that were very 50s and lady like - no pencil skirts, just a lot of skirts cinched at the waist and then poofing out a bit June Cleaver style. The best dressed list didn't see a single tunic-y dress. BUT, walking to the cab line at my hotel in Vegas, I saw - no joke - two groups of women, maybe 18 in all, ALL in their whoring best (it's Vegas after all) and every single one of them had a short little tunic-y mini dress on and together they put the final nail in the coffin for that trend. They looked a little ridiculous.

Also, I saw a woman in head-to-toe Tory Burch, low-heeled mid-shaft boot and all. Too much of mod/70s color block explosion for my taste. Just too formulaic. I know people love Tory, but please people - one item at a time. It's not Garanimals. You can't just buy the shirt that goes with the pants that goes with the shoes that goes with the enamel bracelet. It's not a costume.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's not Geranimals." lol, lol, that comment is as good as 'vomiting chintz'.

Jennifer said...

decorno, I think they were called Garanimals if my memory serves. I wasn't a Garanimals girl though ... too busy with my Underwoos!

Forever Chic said...

Damn, those shoes are HOT. They remind me of this dress:
http://tinyurl.com/2gfvkj

And this trench:
http://tinyurl.com/2fwzx4

Anonymous said...

I want to start a religion based on those shoes. And I'm a boy.

Anonymous said...

Those shoes would be perfect with little skirts on them.

Decorno said...

Anon #2 - - if you like the ones you see here, you should see the Miu Mius I am wearing to the gay superbowl tonight. Sure I need ski poles to stand up in these 4" killers, but whatevs.

And I totally think we need to start a religion based on shoe worship. THAT is brilliant.

Decorno said...

Forever - that is SO funny! I just tried that dress on this weekend. I wanted it - badly. But you can't have breasts and pull that dress off. Unfortunately, I have 'em and resent them for preventing me from rocking dresses like that.

Kwana said...

All I can say is Ohhhhh!

drwende said...

Okay, now what were the well-dressed wearing as blouses with the full skirts? Inquiring minds need your insight here.

Anonymous said...

It seems like if you want the white in the shoes to really do its thing, you gotta wear a solid-color dress, no?

pve design said...

love just walked in!

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes. have actually been thinking about trying to create a dress look alike or a clutch look alike that resembles that bad art-student trend. . . just to prove that i could make some of these things myself. But the shoes, i can't touch that level of beauty.

Tiffany said...

Personally I am coveting the same shoe, but with the green paint pattern, so spring I love it.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

Decorno, I knew I loved you, but the fact that you are a shoe girl like me just takes it to a whole new level. :)

maison21 said...

ok, i kinda don't get the whole shoe thing (forgive me, please) but those are hot!

Anonymous said...

I like to picture those shoes beating up Carrie Bradshaw's Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

@ anon: HAH! Amen!