Monday, March 24, 2008

24 Karat Vintage Interiors in Georgetown, Seattle



Look certain shop owners in Seattle. I am on to you. I see you shopping at Pacific Galleries, Antika, and 24 Karat for excellent finds, and then I know you simply recover and charge another $2000 for these treasures.

But that's ok. Because I shop at the source. And for many in Seattle, the best kept secret (until now) is 24 Karat Vintage Interiors in Georgetown, a neighborhood known better for its drinking outposts and its tough urban/industrial terrain.

Brigh's treasures come from here and abroad (Paris, specifically) and he's not at all catholic about his tastes. In his store you will find vintage chrome chairs (ready to plop in an LA home) right next to a $4000 pair of antique chairs. It's all about the mix.

You can see this great collection for yourself at:

1226 South Bailey Street
Seattle, WA
206-618-3731


Ok... I am slowly wrapping up my series on great shops in Seattle.

In your city, what are those shops that you think are the underground sources for the best finds?









15 comments:

reclaimingmisshavisham said...

I want to get in that store and do some damage BAD!

LondonCalling said...

My favorite kind of store. I would haunt it if I lived in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

Will someone please buy that fabulous mercury glass jug?

Brigh will send it to you.

robert said...

hey I popped into 24 Karat yesterday for the 1st time!
Brigh has a GREAT collection of furniture!

thanks for your blog!
I'll be back!

Christine said...

ga ga ga ga....

I am totally envious...I can't say we have a great many good vintage shops in DC. There are a few--I think Miss Pixies (www.misspixies.com) is the most reasonable. It's very eclectic, but also very tiny. I also like Good Wood (www.goodwooddc.com). I wouldn't say either of these are hidden gems, though...pretty much everyone who knows anything about furniture in DC would know about them!

Turquoise said...

one word.

YUM.

amy said...

I also am in dc and agree with christine about those 2 places. There is also Rough and Ready which is usually all crap unless you get very lucky . But it's fun to look through all the junk.
The place I love to shop is Dixie highway in West Palm Beach, Florida. Circawho.com is good for inexpensive furniture .
I am so jealous of this place in Seattle!!! I think I need to take a trip.

Decorno said...

Ha. Rough and Ready is just fun to say, now isn't it?

Christine - those links are pretty great. I am glad you posted them.

visualvamp.blogspot.com/ said...

Great stuff! Seattle shopping looks like Magazine Street and eBay gone wild!

pve design said...

and who said diamonds are a girls best friend?
just give me that chair...

you would love tarrytown, ny, lots of great shops- good finds nearby, love to show you around.

Christine said...

Ah yes, Rough and Ready--more rough than ready! :)

In my hometown of Pittsburgh, there's a great store called Who New? They have a fantastic selection of midcentury furniture, kitchen goods, pottery, barware, etc. I got 2 of my favorite furniture pieces there! Their web site is apparently under construction, but their info's here: http://www.1662designzone.com/directory/businessPage.php?business_id=90

Anonymous said...

I need to know where the fabric on the chair in the first photo comes from.

Alkemie said...

Great photos!! I love looking at stores and what they carry.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I found a great shop in of all places Marysville, Wa.???? (What were they thinking??)It's not exactly the kind of place you will do alot of digging. But it certainly is alot of eye candy. Kinda metro chic meets my mothers wealthy friend on Mercer Island. It's called Gatherings. Love It!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I thought this place was overpriced. I found out why. The girl working said the owner is marketing to designers not end users. The stuff was beautiful but if you take the time great items like some of the ones they offer can be found for $$$$$$$$$$ less.