Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.




Remember THESE? Well that crazy lady SOLD them. I cannot even tell you how annoyed I was. All this listening to her cat's bladder problems and how she had to go to the caucus, and I was like, hey no problem, when can I call you back to come get them? And she said, tomorrow at 11. Cool. So I call her the next day and she announced that she sold them and acted like she was surprised to hear from me. Cat Lady, I *told* you I would call you. Oy.

Anyhoo, look at those chairs in that old post! I didn't need 'em. They are not nearly as fab as what I have really wanted all along, which is some kind of low-rider bergere-ish chair to recover in some magnificent fabric.

Neece (say: knee-see) to the rescue. I found her and her excellent little Frenchy chair you see above today on Craigslist.

Neece and I got to chatting and she's a painter/muralist, and likes good music, as you can see HERE.

I am so glad I get to adopt her excellent chair. Thanks Neece!

15 comments:

LondonCalling said...

Its going to kick a**! Great find.

Jennifer Ramos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Ramos said...

this post kicks ASS....very funny and so cool you got that awesome chair. YAY!


Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com

laurie said...

Craiglist? In Seattle?! Finds like your chair are few and far between here. Very nice; I'm jealous. You scored.

Anonymous said...

TOTAL LOVE.

Joslyn said...

these chairs are oh so much better...don't you just love it when things work out...

Habitually Chic said...

Oh I love it! I have been looking for a chair like that for my living room. I'm gonna go check out Craigslist now!

Anonymous said...

The pool boy would look scrumptious draped across this one.

neece said...

Thanks D!

I can't wait to see what you do with the chair...I had so many plans for her...glad to see she will be going to a good home.

My experience with craigslist in Seattle is that it rocks! And all the while providing me with a geographical tutorial of Seattle neighborhoods and constant entertainment in meeting the mixed bag of sellers! Yee-ha!

ps I love your blog

pps pretty sure I have a solution to your dining chair dilemma...we'll talk.

neece said...

ppps I have a poolboy listed on Craigslist right now too.

Anonymous said...

These are soo much nicer. All's well that ends well.

Vie Chaotique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vie Chaotique said...

And...no cat hair to boot! You scored.

Petunia Face said...

Are you still going to recover these? Because I think they're pretty fabulous in all their Tiffany-box-blue glory. Awesome score!

mariposa said...

great chair! great story! this frenchy chair form is everlasting.
please visit your biggest fan at my "house" *visual*vamp*