Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Palm Springs Vacation Rental


So, few things terrify me as much as being trapped with a bunch of women. I love women (see Feminist post below, capital F), but honestly, sometimes women are nothing more than a bunch of crazy bitches.

But here's the thing. I like the actually crazy bitches. I do NOT like the weird competitive, suburban, blow-out, uptight, 3-carat types. They bug me.

So, needless to say when I got an email from Richele proposing a little bloggers getaway in Palm Springs, I was like "Yeah!" and then, "Wait, nooo!' Because, you know, women are crazy.

But one look at this pool and the roster of the actual crazy bitches who will be in attendance and my mind was at ease.

That roster, exactly?
Scented Glossy Magazines

Hens & Chicks (JJ only blogs like every time she gets her period, so she's really just an honorary "blogger" but because she's cooler than me and gives me street cred, she's invited.)

BeachBungalow8

Richie Design

Life In A Venti Cup

I Could Kill Her (holy fuck, are they funny - - also, I love you because HERE you imagine I look like Angelina Jolie.)

HabituallyChic - if you will fly out here, I am sure we have an air matress for you, too, sister.

So - given the line-up, I am sure it will be awesome, despite my fear of groups of women (thanks middle school!). If things get really weird, I can just get really drunk and fall asleep in the sun. That, my friends, is always the answer.


If you, too, need a getaway, you can rent this yummy place HERE. And here's a little secret... if you mention "bloggers discount" you get 15% off. Not too shabby.

Can you come with us? Yes if you're a hot man and you're willing to make drinks for us.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "hot man making drinks" would turn this gathering into a female Lord of the Flies.

Decorno said...

Yes. Yes it would. :)

JJ said...

oh you bitches (don't think I didn't see that tag, SGM!) I am updating that blog asap. I've got Things going on! And cramps!

Jane E. said...

Man, that roster is like the bad ass seniors in high school you look up to when you're a freshman! Sincerely, a freshman.

Jennifer said...

I love the Land of the Old and the Home of the Gay!

jozette said...

Hey, thanks for introducing me to I Could Kill Her. Hil.ar.ious. I can't wait to read the whole thing.

Decorno said...

JaneE - what's up with your members-only blog? *You're* the bad ass senior, apparently. :)

elaine said...

Decorno/Angelina,

Haley and I are very excited to meet you in person. I defintely think we need a pool boy/buttler/male biatch for this weekend.

E

my little apartment said...

aaahkkk! i just did the exact same thing this past weekend! i was so hesitant to go spend a weekend with 11 other girls, but it ended up being AMAZING.

oh, and check out where I stayed:
http://mylittleapartment.blogspot.com/2008/04/living-life.html

now all I want to do is go back...

SGM said...

I'm going to contact Bravo today to pitch a reality show about this trip. I'm already planning to throw a bucket of cold water on passed out Decorno to get the drama going.

(Get to work on the blog, JJ! Or I'll tag your ass again.)

decorno said...

Oh, SGM. Pu-lease. I am the only bitch in this crowd who cures her hangovers with vicodin. I'll be way too passed out to wake up to your bucket of cold water.

Pour a Manhattan on me instead. The smell of rye and liquor are my smelling salts.

Suzy said...

you girls are TOO funny!

Anonymous said...

hah! SGM just called you "Dewhoreno"!!!

cage match!

Anonymous said...

oops, JJ named you that.


(sort of brilliant either way)

Decorno said...

I will cut her.

maison21 said...

you all are sexist and mean. even if i was hot (or invited), i wouldn't make you drinks. nope. not me.

BUT- if i were to see you out at "trashcan's" (also known as "toucan's", palms springs' gay/tiki/disco/dive), i might buy all you mean ladies a round of drinks...

decorno said...

Oh M21 - you're an honorary mean girl for the weekend. We are sooo going to meet up with you at Trashcan's while we are there!

Anonymous said...

maison:

I'd join you, but those bitches scare the shit out of me.