Yep. Ultimate taboo topic. What do you earn?
Parade Magazine (I know! I can't believe I just typed that either!) just published my FAVORITE issue of the year, the What People Earn Issue. I love it. I love that it's like setting up the strawman, so to speak... "Yes! I make more than a psychic! And I make more than a social worker! Hooray for me!"
So - let's hear it, people. A few notes:
1) Feel free to post anonymously, if you choose
2) Try to give some indication of type of work, years doing it, and region of the country
3) I am going to turn on comment moderation for now since it allows me to publish your comments in batches, and with a time delay, so no one associates the timing of your anonymous answer to, say, another comment you leave on here tonight.
If you don't want to play that game, tell us - - what is the minimum annual salary you could comfortably live on.
1) If you are a SAHM, is this a temporary state for you, or the long-term plan? Are you freaked out by not having control in earning the paycheck? (I am a control freak and the thought of leaving the money-making up to my man freaks me out beyond belief.)
2) What's the biggest pay increase you have ever earned? And did you get this at an existing job, or by moving companies?
3) Do you know people in your current or past jobs who had/have exactly the same job and made more money? I always like to hear if this bothers people and/or if they have done anything about it.