Saturday, May 31, 2008

Get your fash on.


Oh Chloe. How I love thee.



I cannot tell you how delighted I was to discover a few weeks ago the narrated online audio slideshow's of Bill Cunningham, the NY Times photographer responsible for shooting street fashion for the Sunday Style pages in the paper. I've always love the fashion he shoots for the paper because he's great at putting together themes and trends as they blow up on the street of NY, but it's even better hearing him talk about fashion. He loves it maybe more than we do.

Click HERE to listen to the most recent of his slideshows.



THIS is a great one... it's just shots of New Yorkers at the weekend market. I love it when he says, "This is the part of fashionable life in NY you don't see... People with affluence go off to their country houses and so forth, the rest of us stay here in the city and we find beauty."


You can click HERE for past slideshows.



5 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE THE CITY LIFE! Unfortunately I live in the burbs... would love to live in a loft... maybe in another life... hmmmm However... there is always when my kids move out... nah... I'll be ancient... do they allow ancient people to live in lofts?

Iheartfashion said...

I LOVE Bill Cunningham! He's got such a way with linking together disparate looks and trends, and catching people on the street at their exuberant best.

Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be great if interior design had a figure like him? someone who could appreciate and document beautiful decor anywhere he found it, not just in rooms that had been decorated primarily to be published?

Style Noir said...

Yikes! Cankles.

Anonymous said...

oh fuck off with the "cankles."