Sunday, May 25, 2008

I bet you wouldn't have guessed...



That THIS is my favorite lighting fixture of all time.

My 2nd-home dirty fantasy includes buying an old shack by the water, whitewashing the whole damn place, and hanging this from the middle of the room (I may need to pop the roof & ceiling up to accomodate the awesomeness of the light, actually.


Or maybe just go all the way with a kit home from HERE.

As soon as I make my millions from blogging, I am sure this plan will come together.

5 comments:

dewy23 said...

I just put the Cellula chandelier in my seriously fusty dining room and it makes me quite happy even thought it doesn't really "GO".

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Artichoke Lamp. A masterpiece.

There are other Poul Henningsen lights out there that are similar but not quite as elaborate or expensive.

You're right; you have to have white walls with that baby.

maison21 said...

sigh- it's my fave fixture too, and always will be. sigh.

birdy said...

I've been lusting after that house kit, too. I have a fantasy of buying some land in rural Maine or New Hampshire, plunking that house down on the middle of it, and escaping there for the summer.

Maybe I should figure out a way to tap into that crazy blog money, too.

An Aesthete's Lament said...

They hang all over the Neiman Marcus flagship store in downtown Dallas ... such wonderful lights ...