Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm getting a design boner.




Yes, Cindy is one half of Libertine, and yes you saw her place in Domino. Good job.



Reader and hot tipper Jennifer from good ol' Canada sent me THIS link and told me to make sure I credit lovely Joanna G from the very popular blog CUP OF JO.

Normally I wouldn't post something that another design blogger just covered, but HOLY CRAP, if these aren't the best. Sure they are a little bit Hipster Robot, if you know what I mean, but I love a run-down New York-y place so much. New Yorkers (the downtown types) have a way of being so sleazy and glam at the same time, like coke-whores in pretty dresses.

So thanks to Jo and Jennifer and this photographer dude Selby and all hipster robots in NYC who keep their shitty rent-controlled apartments so coke-whory-cool. The rest of us are just so lucky to live vicariously through these yum photographs.

Once again, the site is The Selby and you can see his house tours of cool people HERE.

13 comments:

the quarter rat said...

Shit! Bitch! Ass-trout!

I just found this and sent it to friends. My favorite pic is where Ms Greene's dog is obviosly swatting for a pet (Etta does that).

As much as I like Ms. Green's place, I really loved Izzy McNally's apartment, mainly because it looks sort of like my little hovel...

cm said...

love love love this site, after reading about it on jo's blog a couple days ago. so interesting to see a "documentary" photographer's take on a space that was also shot pared down for an editorial version for domino. this is totally feeding my voyeurism!

Anonymous said...

Good rooms to O.D. in.

Anonymous said...

I'm just happy to see people living their lives with piles of crap around their small apartments like mine. Kinda like tablescapes gone so horribly wrong that they're right.

Anonymous said...

"Tablescapes Gone Wrong"!

Excellent name for a blog.

P said...

Yeah, so I've seen this covered on other blogs, but this was the FUNNIEST coverage of The Selby I've seen - bar none.

Love you and your blog (but not in a scary stalkerish way that involves collecting your hairbrush refuse, etc).

porter hovey said...

All of these rooms are just fabulous!!! Love the zebra skin rug. Totally hot.

sherry said...

I'm jealous that they have the nyc live I think I'm living on another plane, but is it me or do they look like they're trying a little too Chloe Sevigny hard. It's a smidgen annoying (maybe it's just jealousy though).

Anonymous said...

They look like characters in a Christopher Guest movie.

Anonymous said...

True, but who wouldn't want to live in a Christopher Guest movie? I totally would! I'd like a life less normal.

Anonymous said...

The Libertine girl's apt. looks like an arty prison cell.

webmaster said...

The place in very good rooms and girls like is very cute......

by
Tamil Actor ajith

Alistair said...

Dear America,

As a European trapped in your plastic world I would like to give some words of advice.
Embrace imperfection! Don't comb your hair! Don't blow dry! Buy old things! Old things with flaws. Natural things. Faded things. Stop decorating you houses like hotels!

Really.