Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fabric fiesta.


I visited Kelie at her shop Maison Luxe this weekend and borrowed some samples to help me put my bedroom together.

I've never done anything custom like get pillows made or have something reupholstered, so it's kind of nice to see fabric options and search for exactly the thing you want and not be limited by whatever the mall happens to be offering.

I have a low Danish-looking chair that will get recovered in that velvet swatch you see above. The photo isn't perfect. The color of that fabric has a lot more grey/silver in it. And the pink business are potential pillows.

If you want to see some other ideas for the room, you can see it HERE. I promise to post before and after photos in about 6 weeks after it's all done (we need to get the ceiling repaired and the floors redone first).

10 comments:

...love Maegan said...

I can't wait to see the end results!!!!

Ivy Lane said...

I think it is all going to look really great..I particularly like the floral print, and the way the textures all work together. The velvet will be a nice contrast.. Can't wait to see the big reveal!! I have to get estimates for refinishing wood floors..am dreading it!!!

CSS said...

Can't wait to see the result....I love those colors! Having the floors refinished will suck...But the end result is worth it.

hello gorgeous said...

Ask about screening your floors, rather than completely refinishing. I had that done and was amazed at the lack of dust and how great the floor looked. It's not for floors that are really worn, just lightly worn (with traffic spots). Cheaper, too.

Anonymous said...

Can you give any more information about the velvet fabric? I am looking for something exactly like that--a grey/silver/taupe velvet--for my headboard.

I friggin love the chrysanthemum fabric by the way.

Decorno said...

Sure. I will post names/style numbers, etc tonight. If you want to order them, you should call Maison Luxe in Seattle. She is having a 20% off fabric deal this month. She can also order samples for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting some upholstery done, and I'm finding that almost all sellers of fabric (including upholsters themselves) will routinely cut you a 20-30 percent "discount," whether they call it a "sale," a "special," or whatever.

It seems to be one of those markets in which the manufacturer's suggested retail price is entirely fictional.

decorno said...

Well, that's the nature of any high-margin business. I would imagine fabric is a 50% - 70% markup.

couchseattle.com said...

Why oh why won't you visit me Decorno? I have top notch couches and headboards and have about 50 decks of VERY well chosen fabrics. I'll also sell you a couch or headboard for less than a third of what Maison Luxe will-- with what I think is truly comparable quality. Maison Luxe has high quality eco-friendly upholstery from Cisco Bros in LA, but my stuff is just as eco friendly and just as high quality and also from LA. hate to blatantly shill here-- but I really do think I've got what you need and can save you a big chunk of cash. check me out at couchseattle.com-- your checking account will thank you.

Decorno said...

I will try to make a stop soon. I want to see these awesome (and awesomely priced) couches you have.