Friday, October 31, 2008

Greatest hits. Or something like that.


This is a busy time for me every year because of my job. You can probably tell since I am practically phoning in my posts these days.

So, to keep you entertained in case I don't get the chance to post in the next few days, here are some oldies:

What I think about FAMILY.

Why I wear JIL SANDER perfume.

What I think about NEW YORK and how that city represents a kind of optimism that makes me feel young.

Why you shouldn't wear FLEECE JACKETS to your office or wear dumb shoes (psst, Seattle, I am talking to you).

Decorating for BEGINNERS (there's more help in the comments section than I managed to provide.)

The SIX UNIVERSAL ANSWERS to all questions in life and a long essay by a very cool guy who doesn't believe in hedging your bets in life. I think you should read it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that pic a greatest hits? oh gosh.
yum. exquisite. i can sleep for a day. it's the pillows and quilllllt.

amandromeda said...

I only recently found your blog so the greatest hits were very fresh to me. The Jil Sander perfume post was one of the most brilliant pieces of English prose that I have read in a while. At one point I was in tears. You are an amazing storyteller. And your decor choices aren't bad either!

Anonymous said...

Samovars ahoy!!!

(I forgot that great "classics" debate, with the "Regency flip-top table," the Billy Baldwin cat-litter holder, etc., etc.)

Anonymous said...

I beyond -love- that perfume and share similar sentiments.

My sister in law brought this bottle back from Europe. I sniffed her like a dog. She smelled divine. I knew I could only dream I'd travel like her or wear her fancy clothes-- but I didn't have to dream I'd have my own bottle.

I had a difficult time finding that amazing perfume- but I did at Neimans. I bought the perfume, and the body lotion.The saleslady had such pity on me she gave me the sample bottle. I still have it.
I makes me beyond happy to wear it and I always receive compliments on it. I am Special!!

Peonies and Polaroids said...

What a great way to catch up with the brilliance that is Decorno. I've just spent all bloody morning reading your blog and I love it. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Kim said...

Your greatest hits are pretty great! I've only been reading a couple of months, so it's all new to me.

Loved the Jil Sander essay, great writing. And I loved the link to the advice about not hedging your bets. I realized I didn't hedge until I had kids...and now my youngest is 16, so I'm almost ready to be a non-hedger again.

ryan manning said...

victory in japan

Anonymous said...

hee hee -- is that Anthropologie?