Thursday, October 29, 2009

Misc.



"I view marriage as a contract between two people. Hopefully there is love."

-Bev Tonda



Don't forget, you lazy-ass Seattleites... mail in your ballots. Don't forget to vote. Don't forget to vote YES on 71, and don't forget to vote the shit out of Bev Tonda.


In other news, Dan Savage declares Halloween the straight-pride parade of heteosexuals. Quit flaunting your straightness with naughty-nurse and slutty-maid outfits you goddamn hets! Read it all HERE.

In other other news, I was reading a back issue of my favorite gay rights publication, HOUSE BEAUTIFUL, and for the first time I really "got" Peter Dunham, and I was all, "Damn you, Style Court, for being all over that shit. I am totally late to the party!!!" and angrily shook my envious fist in the air, in the general direction of the design gods. Then again, I was drinking, so my sudden love of african masks and glam-hippie fabrics could have just been the drugs kicking in. I could be over it tomorrow morning for all I know. Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted and sent it.

Deeply Concerned & Vexed said...

Really, The Decorno--Peter Dunham? I need to get over there stat and redo your drug inventory.

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

I hope you wake up still loving Peter. He's one of the most interesting, erudite, well-travelled modern aesthetes I know. Should you ever meet him, ask him about his childhood summers spent on an island off the coast of Spain living next door to Salvador Dali. The guy's got stories that are off the hook.

Jill said...

Can you please source the photo of the dining room? I love it and would like to know more about it
Thanks!

Decorno said...

Jill - I already have. Please click on "House Beautiful" in the paragraph that mentions Peter Dunham and House Beautiful.

Decorno said...

Don't judge me, Vexed! (But please bring over those drungs, anyway.)

Penelope Bianchi said...

HI AGAIN, NO I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE OVER YOUR BLOG!

I JUST HAD TO DO A SHOUT OUT ABOUT PETER DUNHAM. LISA IS RIGHT!

HE GREW UP IN AFRICA, FOR GOD'S SAKE. HE IS A TOTAL DESIGN ICON! HE KNOWS HIS STUFF!

AND HE IS A TOTAL ORIGINAL!!

Anonymous said...

One time Peter Dunham spent a summer in Madison, Wisconsin, waiting tables at the Bennigan's there. Oh, the stories...

s. said...

Love, love, love Dan Savage. I hope you're all listening to his weekly podcast - "Savage Love" - too.