Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Obsessed



...with Tim Lokiec. (Birthday hint. I was kidding when I said I only want a mug with a picture of a pug on it. I really don't. I want art, dammit.)

In other news, don't you think Margaret Russell should do an Elle Decor book about art and collectors? Juicy photos and (brief) stories on collecting high & low, how people arrange it, how to frame it, unusual collections, artist homes they've featured, etc etc? And print it up big-style, and blow up the photos for more detail of the walls and arrangements.

Lastly - this month's Elle Decor? I could do without Ellen P's mug, but what did you guys think of the cover? Closer in. More personal, right? Did you love it? Or did it look too InStyle? Either way, I liked the homes. I love the sunny, happy spring/summer issues. Wards off that Seattle suicide feeling.

6 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

your idea on an art book is right on...

sketch42 said...

I like the art book idea... I thought Elle Decor was not as good as Lonny this month... For what its worth.

Anonymous said...

YOU should do the book! That's a great idea... don't just give it away.

maison21 said...

i would like ONE magazine to not be celebrity driven, please.

24 Corners said...

Prior to yesterday...Seattle HAS been back to it's gloomy old self, very depressing...thank goodness it changes on a dime!

Just did a post on our areas crazy (but in a good way) weather actually...

This work of art shows how ready for spring you are! Lovely colors and all sorts of busy activity.
How about a mug with a pug AND art, best of both worlds!

Love the idea of an M.R. art book, that would be fun...hopefully she's read your post!

Jessica~

pinkshirtsandcarwrecks said...

I love other people's collections (and my own). It's funny what we are so attracted to that we want to multiply it and put it out for display.