Saturday, February 19, 2011

Like, legit sunshine.

I had to put on sunglasses to take the dogs out this morning. That means it was not just a little sunny, but actually BRIGHT outside. Like, legit sunshine. The daphne are starting to bloom, and the hyacinths are coming up everywhere in pots. I totally forgot how many I planted last year. Surprise. My neighbor's red camelias are in bloom. (My white ones, right next to theirs, always come later, which is odd. If anyone knows why, I'd love to hear it.)

It's not quite spring, but I'll take it.

7 comments:

red ticking said...

loving the sunshine today....

Anonymous said...

Birds chirpin' here, baby.

Penelope Bianchi said...

Thank God you are back!

I have no idea. We have two sycamore trees 10 feet from each other. One is almost covered with new leaves; and the other not one. Same sunshine.
Something a botanist would know!

Love your blog.

"Crazy Pen"

ps what happened to the "anonymous" who didn't like me?

Anonymous said...

I love how Penelope is surprised afresh by each post: "Thank God you're back! Where is everyone? What has happened? Where am I?" etc.

Anonymous said...

That is great to hear and I'm glad you're happy, D.

We may get a fresh batch of snow tomorrow and I'm okay with that as I love winter and snow. To each her own. I live in NE, btw.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Penelope seems to live in constant fear of D's leaving forever (attachment issues?) and is thrilled anew with each post D makes. But, hey, aren't we all thrilled anew with each post D makes?

Jen Fu said...

Might be blooming later because it's a different variety. That's pretty common, for instance different varieties of tulips bloom at different times. Same with other plants.