Sunday, July 10, 2011

See the light.


Seriously... JUST as I was readying myself to covertly spend about $2 - $4k on a Serge Mouille light, I thought I would go see if there was (finally) a new Lonny (God answered yes, and then went back to his latch-hook project). And wouldn't you know it, there I see this dreamy apartment with a few goodies, including: that ridiculously amazing chandelier thing, those tall lamps over there, and then... it. The lamp I want. Well, one just like it and only $395. ONLY $395, for the love of god! My head is exploding all over the place right about now.

New Lonny HERE.



Also - can we talk about this sofa? $599? And from HSN or something? Who knew? Timing couldn't be better. I had this old Ikea sofa in our office/my dressing area and it had been abused by my dogs over the years (not to mention it was like 9 years old) and I paid a guy to haul it away. No replacement planned... I just couldn't look at it anymore. This little sofa should do, don't you think?

11 comments:

maison21 said...

i so wanted to use that serge mouille knock off for a client, but they insisted on a sectional that didn't leave room for it's rather large footprint.

next project!

ps- order directly from the white furniture store in SF to save a bit on shipping.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

I had about the same reaction over that interplanetary dangling fixture
Then I clicked and price-checked…and checked myself.
It's stunning.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

mary said...

That little sofa is great! The lamp at $395 is the deal of the century. Congrats.

Jen said...

The lamp's not winking at me but that sweet little sofa is! Buy it~

katiedid said...

The sofa IS from HSN by Nate Berkus....not bad!! Now I am off to check out Lonny....I need a break.

BOO said...

Wow, I didn't think I needed another floor lamp til I saw that awesome guy! What a great deal. I've been eyeing that little sette for a while now. Although read the reviews - there's a pretty low weight limit - incase you happen to have 2 guys lounging on it in your dressing room! - BOO

Anonymous said...

I recently bought that exact lamp from White and it is awesome! Really makes a statement for the cost.

couchseattle.com said...

pricing on these lamps is just outrageous. what gives? is it just painted base metal ready to fall apart? if the quality is even just ok then i'm deathly impressed.

Kim Russell Photography said...

So did you order the sofa? I am thinking about ordering it for my bedroom. I love the grey color.

Tara said...

i also loved the lamp. and i'm not much of a slipper chair/couch fan except in the dressing room. go for both!

Grant K. Gibson said...

Did you get the lamp yet?

I am thinking of ordering it for my own apartment next week (going to check out the showroom here in SF). I have been obsessed for quite a while. The price is right for sure. I basically sold my whole apartment and am going for a whole new look. I am struggling with a Saarinen style table for my DR table. I see it everywhere- but every time I see it I fall in love all over again...