Saturday, September 10, 2011

Celerie Kemble should fire her publisher.


Your book is available for pre-order, but there's no "Look Inside the Book" to help us browse the pages and see if we might want it? Who is in charge of marketing this title? They get an F.

THIS IS NOT HARD. Make it happen, someone. (This goes for you, too, Martyn, and all your new-book-releasing brethren.)


In other news, for those following along, Maison Le Tigre has an offer pending. It was a shit show. I toured it and oh my god, it was a disaster. And, as if to confirm my decision, as we exited the place my earlier "Wow, it smells here... not even like old people, but like shit," was validated when the realtor stepped in actual shit. There was A PILE OF ANIMAL SHIT on stairs. Feral cats? Maybe another realtor's stupid dog took a dump? Who knows. Just another sign from God that this house was just too much for me. Sad, but I have moved on.

That wallpaper, though, was glorious. Not even in an ironic hipster way. It was just so confident and bold and fun. And in great shape, too. I actually would have kept it.

11 comments:

mary said...

Sorry about the house........Martyn Lawrence Ballard, in my humble opinion, is not worth a second look, anyway. Mary

Quatorze said...

I agree, I get bombarded by Amazon and others about pre-ordering this title, but with no glimpse of what's inside available, it makes you wonder WHY they didn't give a preview; rehashed photos, bad copy, or just plain boring? I will wait and if it's good, I will continue to wait until it hits the secondary book market at a reduced price. The publisher does not get the concept of preview pix for a visual clientele...

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

i would buy it based on that badass cover.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you got to write a post containing both "Celerie Kemble" and "animal shit."

Laurie Jones said...

Maybe you can just go to Borders to look at the book...oh wait a second, agreed F.

Sara L said...

I hate it when I can't see a sample of something that is just for eye candy. I get that a novel can do w/ just a synopsis, but home decor needs the look feature.

I couldn't help but wonder, what in the heck happended in the back yard? It looked like an abandonned auto lot from the 50's. But I did love the staircase, the french doors off to the left, and those wood floors would clean up nicely.

I'm torn on the paper, I know it makes me sound uncool, but it gave me the trailer park vibe. Even if I tried to keep it, my husband would veto...but I guess it could 'scare the shit out of you' if you're in need of that.

Frances Harkness said...

Kind of a little heavy to suggest she fire her publisher over a feature that is not yet enabled for the book that won't be released six + weeks from now, don't you think. Oh of course, brilliant idea. Yes she should fire the publisher over not pleasing one disgruntled blogger over a pretty minor digital marketing effort on one site. That's a smart decision.

Richie Designs said...

her name is Celerie? as in pronounced Celery?

maybe she should fire her mom and dad for naming her that ;)

Anonymous said...

Often covers are designed in advance of the book being finished - its possible that the book is still in production...

Cassandra said...

WTF.......just WTF

Cassandra said...

Maison le Tigre:

WTF.....just, WTF